‘Performance’ edition Audi RS6 Avant and RS7 get power and torque upgrades
|RS 6 Avant||Engine||Power||Torque||0-100kph||Top speed||Weight||Basic price|
|V8, twin-turbo, 3993cc||552bhp @ 5700-6600rpm||553lb ft @ 1750-5500rpm||3.7secs||250kph||1950kg||$131,700|
|RS 7 Sportback||Engine||Power||Torque||0-100kph||Top speed||Weight||Basic price|
|V8, twin-turbo, 3993cc||597bhp @ 5700-6600rpm||553lb ft @ 1750-5500rpm||3.7secs||250kph||1930kg||$140,200|
Good news for fast Audi fans, since Ingolstadt has announced new ‘Performance’ editions of both the RS6 Avant and RS7, each of which gets a 45bhp boost bringing the respective totals to 552bhp and 597bhp.
Tweaks to the 4-litre biturbo V8, torque has also been pushed by 37lb ft on overboost to 553lb ft. This brings the sprint to 100kph down to 3.7 seconds from standstill – up there with the Ferrari FF – and 0-160kph now takes just over 12 seconds, 12.1 to be precise. Top speed remains at an industry standard electronically limited 250kph, although the Dynamic package brings this up to 280kph for the RS6 and 304kph for the RS7. Quattro permanent all-wheel drive delivers 40 per cent of the power to the front axle, the remaining 60 per cent to the rear.
Aesthetically there are minimal changes, although the Performance editions include titanium detailing, 21in wheels – clad with 285/30 tyres on the RS6 and 275/30 on the RS7 – and a new blue paint finish. The interior meanwhile boasts sports seats, and carbon and Alcantara detailing.